Uses for Plastic Plant Trays

Category Reusing
There are ways to use these containers for more than plants. This guide is about uses for plastic plant trays.

Each year, I come home from the local garden center with several large trays. The plastic ones with raised sides that they give you to carry your flats of plants in the car.

I wash them and then use them to bring cookies, muffins, etc. to pot luck dinners and bake sales. Sometimes I cover the trays with foil or even pretty wrapping paper for a seasonal party. They're easy to carry, the baked goods don't get crushed, and I'm happy to leave them behind since the host can simply place them in a recycling bin, or better yet, use them again!

By Natasha from New England

I use those trays for a lot of things. I start my own seeds and place the trays into large clear plastic bags so the seeds will sprout. I also use these when I spray patches on my lawn. I place one of those trays over the area so that my dogs don't walk on the area or try to eat the grass that has been sprayed.