Uses for Toothpicks

Category Tips
Uses for Toothpicks
Besides cleaning teeth, toothpicks can be helpful around the house and for many craft projects. This guided is about uses for toothpicks.

I opened the jar of my corn holders to serve for the first corn of the season to find them molded! They must have been stored wet last year. My fault, I'm sure. I threw them away, and quickly and creatively thought up a pretty good replacement.

I grabbed the toothpick holder! I stuck a couple of toothpicks in the opposite end of the stalk end and had myself a nifty corn holder. I may not even replace the corn holders.

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Always add a toothpick to water first and the egg will never crack when boiling.

Source: Just my finding.

Stock up on toothpicks! Purchase the round ones, not the flat ones, you can buy them really inexpensively at the dollar store. No longer will they just be used to clean your teeth or for h'ordeurves.

Use them to clean all the tiny grooves and crevices around your house, i.e. in the kitchen and bathroom, etc. They are more effective than using an old toothbrush in a lot of instances because they can get in between and underneath surfaces.

Trust me, try using them, but I warn you, using them will become addictive, you will be searching for other places to use them, they are such an effective cleaning tool! If you like, you can spray liquid cleaner in the area to be cleaned and the toothpicks will help deliver the cleaning solution into the jewelry grooves and crevices. The more you use them, the more ideas for their use you will come up with.

For instance, if you have to glue something tiny, i.e. something onto some type of jewellery, (not a typo - we spell jewellery differently in Canada), it works really well, not to mention cleaning tiny groves around rings etc. in your jewellery. Trust me you will come up with countless uses for this little tool. When you do please let the rest of us know what you have come up with.

Enjoy this tip, I know you will if you try it! All the best guys!

By Flame from Toronto, Ontario

My tip is for painting with detail. Even the finest of brushes are hard to paint lines or fine detail with. Therefore, I have been painting my fine detail with the end of old ink pens or toothpicks.

By Demarquis from Virginia Beach, VA

Paint chips and minor scratches can be repainted using a toothpick for a brush. First, use a typewriter eraser to clean away the rust from the damaged spot.

Then, using either touch-up paint or leftover paint from a past body repair (always ask the body shop to give you any leftover paint after having work done), fill in the scratch with several coats applied a drop at a time from the end of a toothpick.

The results will not be cosmetically perfect, but the rust will be prevented from spreading under the paint and further damaging the body.

By joesgirl