Using Agave Nectar

Category Substitutions
Agave nectar or syrup is sold as a substitute for sugar. This is a guide about agave nectar as a sugar substitute.

I have been researching sugar substitutes and have found an awesome substitute that is not chemically altered like Splenda and the others on the market. Some of you may already use it, if not I highly recommend you try agave nectar. My family loves it. I can use it in hot or cold liquids and use it in the place of sugar in recipes. In my research I found the substitution ratio to sugar is 1/3 cup agave syrup to 1 cup sugar. You also need to reduce the oven temp by 25 degrees (F). The best place I found to buy it is on Amazon.com. You can buy two large bottles for a great price. This product has a shelf life of 3 years.

I put agave syrup on my husband's waffles this morning and he did not even notice the difference. I used google search and found a great recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Muffins using agave nectar, they are yummy! There is a baking book available, but it is more then I want to pay right now. To see if my family liked the agave nectar I purchased a bottle at my local Tom Thumb for $3.78 this is for a 11.75 oz. bottle. You do not have to use but a tiny bit in your hot or cold beverages because it is very sweet. Agave nectar does not cause your blood sugar to spike like regular sugar and honey does. This will be a staple in my pantry from now on.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall

Agave syrup is recommended for used by people trying to eat foods with a lower glycemic index. This is a guide about substituting agave syrup for Karo syrup in recipes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes