Using E6000 to Make a Seashell Ring

I have many tiny seashells and I would like to make them into rings as gifts to family. I have purchased ring blanks and have E6000 glue. Is this the best glue to use to secure the seashell to the ring?

It is a good glue. Rings get a lot of use and I am concerned about the shells getting smashed. What about making necklaces or pins instead?

I have made seashell necklaces for the women in my family. I wanted to do something different. I saw some rings online that I thought were very pretty (made with tiny shells). I am not a crafter or a designer at all! Frankly, I'm surprised the necklaces came out as good as they did. I know if I make rings with seashells I found myself, the women in my family will love them. I understand that rings with shells might be delicate. I hope I can find a way to make the rings. Thank you for your response.

Yes - a lot of DIY recommend E6000 for seashell ring.

Reference: www.crazydiymom.com/seashellring.html

Thank you for your response and the link!

Sounds lovely! E6000 is a great glue. I used it for a tempered glass project I made and was very pleased. Just be sure to use it in a well ventilated space--if you are like me and smells bother you. It is smelly.

A friend encased her seashells in resin to make rings. Sorry I don't have any photos...I wasn't lucky enough to be the recipient of one of the lovelies!!

She said there are videos on YouTube about how to use resins and that they are fairly easy once you get the hang of them. They kinda look like they are suspended in water when you do it!!

Best wishes!! Please post back your finished rings!!