Using Homemade Flea Sprays on Your Pets?

I have seen a lot of recipes for sprays on pets. How often do you spray your pet? How much do you spray on them?

Talk to your vet and get his/her input. Some vets are ok with holistic, homemade solutions, some are not. I personally would not use anything on my fur kid without getting the vet ok. There are plenty of natural things that are dangerous to pups, which is why I would check to make sure the components are not only safe, but effective.

I know many of the big pharma solutions are poison so I get it that you want the best for your pup. We use sentinel for our boy. It took much research and thought before we selected it. We did it after he had some serious flea bites a few years ago that led to an infection. We had refused to use Frontline and none of the natural solutions I read about seemed safe for him (he has a lot of allergies) so we went without which was a huge mistake.

Let us know what your vet says and if it works, please share the recipe so I can readdress it with our vet.

Wishing your pup a flea-less time!!!

I would not put anything on my pet without my vets approval.

A lot of vets will put down natural stuff to get you to buy their new expensive chemicals!

Hopefully not more than once a week. I have heard of people who use apple cider vinegar and citrus peel homemade sprays and you always have to be careful with the eyes.

The main testimonial of success I've heard is fighting fleas by spreading diatomaceous earth on the outside garden area of the home, or beneficial nematods. Then you don't have to bother about sprays and so forth

Remember whatever you put on the dog will be ingested when he grooms himself. Check with your Vet.

Pets FleasAugust 29, 2018
🐛
🌻
👒
👔
Generated 2021-04-17 12:15:25 in 953 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Homemade-Flea-Sprays-on-Your-Pets.html