Using Old Linens for Storage

After my parents died, when going through the house (that I now live in) I'm finding old towels, sheets that are no longer good for sheets, stained tablecloths etc. I've donated what's appropriate to animal shelters, rescues, But I've always wondered what else the tablecloths could be used for. This morning, I figured it out!

Storage of delicate or fragile items! I've just pulled out a bunch of platters, etc. for a party and have tons of ripped paper. Since the paper is all torn up, I was thinking I need some new packing paper. But I figured I'd cut up the tablecloths and the sheets that I haven't already sewn into pillowcases and use them to wrap the glass pieces. I'll still use bubble wrap and newspaper as padding on the storage bin. but I can use the cloth pieces to store the other things - no more trash every time I try to pull something out!