Using Sheets for Quilting Fabric?

Can anyone tell me if sheets work well to use for cutting into fabric pieces for quilting? TIA.

By Susan W.

It depends on what fabric the sheet is made from. Most sheets are cotton or cotton blends, as are the fabrics sold specifically for quilting. You should be able to use the sheets like any other cotton fabric. I do not quilt, but I have made clothing from sheets, and also from quilters' cottons and that has worked well. Hope this helps.

I know a lot of people that use sheets for the backing on quilts but I have never heard of anybody using them to cut the squares. However, I imagine it would work.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 163 Posts

Yes you can use any material for quilting. The rule of thumb is try to use the same weight fabric throughout the entire quilt. I have also used them for backing. Really cheaper than buying material in this day and age. Good luck!

🎄
🎉
Generated 2021-12-03 13:15:40 in 971 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Sheets-for-Quilting-Fabric.html