Using a Dog Crate as Furniture

Dog crates can be bulky and take up much need space in small homes and apartments. Try using them as furniture in addition to a safe place for your pet. This is a page about using a dog crate as furniture.

We recently adopted a puppy and have a wire frame crate for him to sleep in. In order to accommodate this in our small den, I covered the top of the crate with two small pillows and topped them with a crochet throw. The top of the crate has become a foot rest and Sammy can rest peacefully inside below.

By Carol from Hawthorne, NY

A large dog, a large dog crate, and a small house can be a challenging combination. That was the dilemma I faced a few years ago. The solution I came up with turned out to be quite beneficial. I placed a piece of plywood on top of the crate. The dog didn't mind. She still had plenty of visibility and air circulation from the sides of the crate.

Since the tray pulled out for cleaning purposes, having the top covered didn't create any inconvenience. It did, however, give me an abundant amount of additional shelf space which I found extremely helpful since my storage space and work space was severely limited.

By VeronicaHB

Pets AdviceJune 27, 2014
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-10 14:35:50 in 790 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️