Using a Rotary (Dremel) Tool

Category Tools
A hand held devise that can be very handy for crafts and around the home. This guide is about using a rotary (Dremel) tool.

A Dremel sanding tool can be a good alternative to clippers for trimming your dogs nails. This is a guide about using Dremel tool for dog nail trimming.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about rotary tool craft ideas. Rotary tools, such as a Dremel tool, are used in a variety of craft projects.

If you have a dremel what hints and tips can you offer? What kind of things do you do make with it?
My husband bought me one for Christmas, a Dremel 300.

Thanks.

By Gail from UK

Answers

I personally use mine for making jewelry and wooden crafts. The dremel grinds, sands, drills (holes), cuts, etc. You can carve with it, of sorts. It can be very handy. Some people use it to trim their dogs toenails, not tried that on mine. It is handy for small household repairs. It does everything those big tools do (sanders, grinders, etc), just on a much smaller scale.

I found this on google.
http://www.ask.  ni=&gct=serp

If you click on images on the left of the page, you can see all the sites with the photos that go with them.
When you find something you like, click on the image, and the site comes up behind the image, which you can save and then go to the site for other ideas.

Dremels are too cool. I hope you find cool things to do with it. My suggestion is you get a piece of 2by4 scrap and see what each blade/drill can do. Safety glasses are a good idea, as dust and perhaps metal fibers are not good for us.

My husband bought me a Black and Decker rotary tool a few years ago and I have never used it. Now I want to. Does anyone have any projects or ideas that you use one for that you could share? If not, any websites would be helpful.
Thanks.

By Beckyj from Salisbury, MD