Using a Tablet to Access the Internet

Can you have internet on a tablet? Are they just as good as a laptop computer?

I have an Android tablet. I works only on wifi. That is how I have it set up. I can't make calls on it, but I do internet searching, reading, listen to music and watch videos. It is a touch screen. The typing can be challenging for arthritic hands. The screen is also small for me. I prefer my desktop computer because it has a bigger screen. The tablet works when I am away from home, like doctor waiting rooms. As long as there is WiFi, I am good. It has no data plan of it's own.

Yes you can, you can do 75% of what a computer does, and you can travel better with it!

If you have a data plan and your table can use a SIM card it is easy to access the internet anywhere you go. If not you will need to use a WiFi connection. You can hook into your home WiFi network or find a hot spot around town to connect to. All you need is a prorgam to use for your browser. You can download and install the app for Google Chrome on the tabllet which makes it easy for you to use the internet on your table.

I do not find tablets as good as a computer because of the screen size. They seem to take a bit more time to pull up a site and at times the print on the screen is small and it needs to be enlarged. But many people perfer to access the internet on their mobile device and not use a computer as much. I think this is a personal choice.

You can get on the internet if you have wi-fi or order monthly internet access for it. You will have much less storage capacity and ease to get to files, but it still works, especially if you subscribe to a cloud service.

Computers Internet TipsJanuary 14, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-15 23:05:56 in 989 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Internet TipsComputers