Vaccinating a Dog After They Have Had Parvo

Should you give your puppy a parvo shot after surviving parvo?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

There is no point in it. The dog has produced the necessary antibodies needed to combat the disease and has survived.

Your dog is already immune to parvo because he had the virus. Save your money.

Listen up folks.
I had 4 terriers get parvo, I was broke. But to my amazement I found something you can buy at any store to treat them.

So you know I had the first one tested and bam, parvo!

Buy activated charcoal, you can find it in many forms. But works best is pharmaceutical grade. It's just on your local pharmacy shelve, over the counter. Usually sold as a dietary supplement or anti gas pill.

Get home, open 3 capsules and use with only water as any other liquid will have artificial colors, acids, etc and the charcoal will activate with and not work as well with parvo virus in your dog.

Mix thoroughly and use a cold syrup syringe or a straw like I did to give about 3 quarter straws, every 30 minutes. For 5 hours, then same dosage every hour after.

My puppy was wagging his tail and lifting his head again within a couple days, then up and drinking water.
My older doggies were up and about a day earlier.

I thank God for finding this charcoal that he has created.

Vets will never tell you this. And here is best part. When they survive, they will have strong natural immunity.

Anonymous

Where can i buy this charcoal

Thank you so much for the information and I pray at work on my puppy I have lost two already and it has been devastating. I pray it works as well for me as it did for you. Thank you again and God bless you.

Paxxin works as well. It saved our puppy.

How old was your terrier puppies and what were the symptoms?

Do I vaccinate if 6 w/o old puppy has been exposed

Does this really work? I don't want this to be a joke and my puppy dying...

I just pulled my puppy out of parvo using Pepto bismo peanut butter and Pedialyte I I put a small amount of peanut butter on the roof of her mouth forcing her to swallow then she was willing to swallow more Pedialyte I gave in a syringe did that every hour for 3 days even after the vet said she wouldn't survive. She is back to normal eating like a pig.

Yes activated charcoal works excellent!!! I was using other things but not till I used activated charcoal is when she got better VERY FAST!!!!

How are your dogs now. Do they still have parvo?

Where can I purchase it?

How much did you give of each?

Do I still give Pedialyte or water with this

Did it work on your puppy...Right now my babies have it.. we already spent hundreds close to a thousand dollars on our first pup...Now my other one started throwing up today..I have no more money.please,let me know if this worked for u.

Thanks

My Chihuahua was only a year and 1/2 old. Bruno survived Parvo. Its been a week now. But I have another dog same age her name is Ebony. She with a friend right now. Im afraid that she might have it as well. I spent 300+ for Bruno. The Vet game me medicines for him. I borrowed the money because i was broke. I don't wanna borrow anymore money from friends but I dont want my dogs to die. Thank u for this information. Can I put the two dogs together? Sinve Bruno already survived it.
Please help

I wish I read this before because I too lost two of my puppies and I was so attached to them! I kept those two because they came out looking like their momma and I lost both my lil cows :( but their other brother survived so I dont feel that much of a faluire

I've had a few pups contract parvo, but luckily my old papa taught me that as soon as you seen the first sign, (diarrhea, with gagging, vomiting) get a cold syrup syringe and give them 2, 5ml squirts of gatorade down their throat every 2 and a half hours. Along with half a ml of raw egg between. Give the pup a quarter of a women's daily vitamin once a day also. The vomiting will stop almost immediately, and within 24-36 hours they will want to lap up the gatorade on their own.

Within 48-60 hours their appetite will be back. The egg replaces protein and the vitamins replace the nutrients they aren't getting. DON'T EVER LET ANYONE OR ANY VET TELL YOU ONCE THEY HAVE PARVO THEY ARE A LOST CAUSE BECAUSE IT NOT TRUE AND THIS METHOD HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME.

As for the vaccine, although they will be immune to the virus I recommend, still giving the spectra 9 or 5 depending on age the age of the puppy. You can get the 5 for around 8 dollars, and the 9 for 11 at any feed or tractor supply store.

how many days did u give ur pups the vitamins and gatorade?

how long did you give ur pup the Gatorade?

I did this too! I stayed up for over a week woth my pup doing this every 2 hours. Plus i injected her with the iv fluids and gave her this garlic herb mix i found online.

Vet told me my dog was going to die and that these methods were useless... my puppy is now almost 2. My pup was not going to die on me...

My Daisy a rottweller born on may 1rst i got her july 24 had her vaccinated took her back on august 22 2nd round two days she had parvo we did know our vet was closed thursday we went in on fri recieved an IV for dehydration and back she was eating drinking water playing at 3:00 that saturday morning it all stated all over again throwing up and diarrhea it went on 3:00 that evening i took her to rascal animail hospital and she has been though everything plasma transfusion on Sunday its monday and they tell my daisy probably won't make it

Anonymous

How many days and what kind of womens vitamins

If she already had parvo and then got the vaccine that has the virus in it she will have a hard time.My Skye had parvo and I didn't know it and she got the vaccine on Friday and she did Sunday.I hope andbpray your Daisy is okay

If my dog has parvo and we give him a parvo shot will it help

My dog has parvo and got a parvo shot and it killed her 24hrs later.it took her immune system down to nothing cause the shot has virus in it and she had no chance after that.so I wouldn't recommend it