Dog Getting Parvo Shot After Having Parvo

I had my puppy get her 1st shots and she got parvo days after. She made it through it, do I need to get her the remaining parvo shots? Can she get it twice?

By Amanda from OK

Best Answer

You should take these questions to your veterinarian. He's the one who will know what's best.

Best Answer

My young dog got parvo and thankfully survived. I will not use the vaccine ever since the dog has immunity to the disease. We are vaccinating ourselves, children and animals into mental problems, sickness, cancers, and who knows what else. All for the sake of the all mighty dollar. Yea I know ask your vet.......ask the doctor.....

Anonymous

Your dig got parvo bc someone thought it was a bad idea or didn't make the time to vaccinate their dog for it. Dogs don't die from vaccines...they die from parvo.

Best Answer

Hi Andrea I understand where your coming from about the mighty dollar. I feel same way do some research on over vaccinating you will be surpriused. I raise pit bulls for many years. My dogs get 1st shots.... and that's it! I have yet to have a dog get parvo ever! Maybe I'm just lucky.

Yes!

No!!!!!
See vaccine is just a weak strand of a virus that your t cells find and alert your white blood cells of an intruder and the whole blood cells capture the intruder, take it to the neatest lumpy node to devour it so the weak strand of the virus, i.e. the vaccine, teaches your white blood cells how to kill the bad guy the vaccine being weak is easy to kill and the white blood cells are already prepared when they encounter the real " bad guys" ...

So not only do they not need help learning he to kill the " bad guys", but also your animal, because it won the battle with parvo and despite the fact that there are many different stands of parvo, is now immune so No you do not need to administer the vaccine..
The action by this point is moot!!!!!

No need but keep him isolated for 10 + days. He can spread virus to other dogs now your dog will be immune to virus

Anonymous

You are very lucky.

My puppy got first two shots, then I missed the one at 16 weeks. Shes 21 weeks, and was diagnosed with parvo today. Only one shot is not enough... and maybe you have just been lucky. Im not, and now im having to spend lits of money and time to get her through it.

you are just lucky, my puppy got his first Parvo vaccine, and before the second one was due, got Parvo!!

Anonymous

No you don't need parvo shots any more