Value of 1973 World Book Encyclopedia

I have the entire set of 1973 World Book encyclopedias. What might they be worth if I were to sell them?

By Lisa V. from Lake Worth, FL

We get asked this question very regularly. Unfortunately, there are a glut of these types of encyclopedias. Unless they are very old or rare, they are pretty much impossible to sell. You might consider donating them to a school or retirement home as sometimes people use books for art or craft projects.

Good Luck.

Jess is right... I couldn't even sell a set of 1932 books I had at one time.

I don't think they have any real value in this new technical world. First of all, there would be many subjects that are missing new information. History would not be up to date. nor medicine, just to name a couple. And with computers in almost every home, the current information is available in an instant, no matter what the subject is.

I had a set from 1973 at one time. I am so glad that I sold them as soon as my children were out of school. I kept the 2 volume dictionary, and still use it today, but so glad that I don't have the rest of the set packed away somewhere.
Harlean from Arkansas

They have no value at all as encyclopedia. You may find someone who can give them to for some sort of craft. Some people carve into them and make sculptures out of such books. Some people use them as lamp bases. However, no one is going to pay for them. Advertise them to give away on Kijii or freecycle or something like that.