Value of Old Mickey Mouse Lamp?

0
Share
5
Save
Follow
Print

An old Mickey Mouse clock.I have this old Mickey Mouse Lamp that I was just wondering what its worth. I cant seem to find it anywhere when I google search and there's no names or anything on it. I've had it for so many years, since childhood, that I'm not even sure who got it for me or when.

An old Mickey Mouse clock.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

Can you share approximately how old this piece is and what the material is (the red part)? Is it plastic? Glass?

It is quite unusual and I have to delve into my deep resources but since there is so much Mickey stuff out there, a little more detail will help me try to narrow it down!

Thanks!

So the red part feels like its plastic, almost feels like glass but its hard to determine because its thick and not making sounds im use to with glass or plastic. But im pretty sure its plastic. Around the base is metal, mickey feels plastic or porcelain.

Theres no marks or anything to help me determine anything about this. If i was a guessing man I'd assume mid to late 80s. Because I was born in 85 and everyone bout me tons of mickey stuff and i remember this lamp since i was a kid.

So my girlfriend and I decided to open the bottom of the lamp and we found Walt Disney Japan on his bottom left foot, hard to make out because of the red plastic. Looking online we found the same exact ceramic figure from whats believed to be made in the 60s. But i cant find a lamp with it used. So im not sure what i really have here but my mom knows she bought it back in the 80s, just not sure where at.

Thanks for the additional info. I am going to do some further digging and hope you learn more about where it was purchased.

When I first saw it, I thought it may be a "franken piece"--meaning someone made it--took a Mickey figure and glued him to an unusual lamp base. Why? What I know about Disney collectibles is not huge because I don't collect, however, I have been a reseller for many years and sold my share of Disney items in my resale travels so I do have some knowledge.

Why I thought this may not be a factory made piece is that is that Disney brands the heck out their stuff so there is no doubt who made it which also means there would be a copyright symbol or TM info on the piece. The Japan on the foot is a good tidbit to know. Have you searched the edges of the light part--and the base to see if there is a Disney copyright sign? It could even be in red so it blends in.

Will post back if I can dig up anything else. Maybe one of the other posters will recognize it right away and solve the mystery!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Disney items are licensed. I would write to the Disney company and ask them.

Consumer Advice Collectibles LampsJuly 11, 2021
🌻
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Old-Mickey-Mouse-Lamp.html