Value of Vintage Wardrobe

I have this wardrobe piece of furniture which I'm guessing was big in the 1930s. Anyone know?

Best Answer

I agree - it's a design typical of the 1930s. I couldn't venture a guess on the value, but judging by how much of this kind of mass-produced furniture was made and is still around, it's not likely to have much value other than sentimental.

Technically, this kind of piece is not called a wardrobe, but rather a chifferobe. Try an online search of 1930s chifferobes to see similar pieces.

You will need to know the manufacturer. You can find the stamp on the bottom or on the side of a drawer. Once you know that, you can do your research.

I checked the drawers and the bottom. There is no stamp. I believe its a Mahogany face, on some type of plywood and the inside is cedar. Its from the 1930's. My mom had one and her friend gave me one when she died. What's it worth?

I cannot find that exact wardrobe but they range between 300 to 1000.00. Here is a link to E-Bay.

www.ebay.com/.../chifferobe#

Here is an antique site as well

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Antique_Furniture_Value_Lookup