MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of Wooden Bar from Thailand

I got this in Thailand in 1970. We think it is monkeypod wood. We never sawValue of anything like it in Thailand at the time and can't find anything like it on the internet. It is in great shape and very heavy and quite stunning.

Best Answer

You are right many people who worked overseas or were in the service purchased items like this. I have seen some wonderful pieces when I was younger. However, I can't find anyone online who sells these types of item. I do believe that you might need to go to a shop of some sorts and have this appraised for its value. Otherwise you can try and ask between $350 - $550 online and see what people will offer you. As for the true value I don't think anyone on here could actually help you out.

If you cant find it on the internet, you will have to take it to a dealer who knows about furniture from Thailand.

Sorry, i do not believe anyone on this site can help you with any kind of true value for this beautiful set.

Sorry

• You may be able to get some information and possible value through one of these appraisal sites.
  • These sites may say free but be sure to check it out first.
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online
  • This is a link to Barneby's site but they charge $17 for an appraisal. Considering the type of item you have, I would consider using this site.
  • Ad

• www.barnebys.com/.../

Good luck - I hope your "luck" is good and your set scores very high in value.