CollectiblesConsumer Advice

Value of a Baker Furniture Louis XV Style Bombe Chest

I recently inherited this chest and would like to know if there is any value. It is a Baker Furniture solid oak three drawer Louis XV style bombe chest.
Thanks.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Baker furniture is a fine brand. I have seen similar pieces for $1795 and up online. Enjoy it. It is beautiful.

It is worth $1000.00 on eBay. Here is the link:

https://www.eba  t-/322475558235.

You could probably get more for it if you can find an antique dealer.

Your chest is in beautiful condition and I don't see any marks or scratches on it. A chest like this would probably sell at auction starting at $1500 and up. Prices for furniture such as this is always determined by the condition of the item and the demand of people. If your item is a rare piece and many collectors are looking for such a piece this will drive the price up higher.

Just keep in mind when people offer this type of item on eBay they are not asking the real value of this item. They normally take a large loss on selling this on eBay because of the cost of shipping the item to the seller.

I would have it appraised by a good antique shop in your area. I know this is an item you have inherited and more than likely want to insure. In order to do this have an antique store give you an appraise on this for your insurance company.

It is on E-Bay for $995.00. Here is the link.

https://www.eba … st-/322475558235