MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a Chinese Plate

Can you please tell me if this plate has any value?

Thank you.

I believe your mark is Masonic emblems. Mark: "WL 1895"

You can use the link below to learn a little more about the mark:
www.gotheborg.com/.../20thcenturychina.shtml#wahlee

It is not old (relatively speaking), probably later half of the 20th century. If you scroll about half way down there is a little blurb about the mark. It could be called vintage in the selling world, most likely NOT an antique if this is your mark.

As for value, if this is what it is, they are all over the place in value (if you can find an exact plate that matches yours...as there are many like versions out there). An exact match of a sold item that matches yours is the only way to determine EXACT value.

I can tell you generally these are valued from 99 cents into the low $20. This is why it is so improtant to find an exact match so you don't sell a $20 piece for a dollar or try asking $20 for a $1 piece.

You may see if Replacements.Com would buy it, but they specialize more in sets and I am not sure if this is part of a set or just a decorative plate, as I have not seen this exact pattern before in my travels. Many similar but not exact.

It is quite lovely. You will need to do a little wait and see on eBay to find an exact match sold to get today's market value!

Upload the picture to replacements.com. They will help you identify it and determine value.

What a beautiful plate. I would put a description and all the info. you have on the plate on Google, I have always had such good results . Or check out eBay, see if there is a plate like yours or even similar and see if there is one for sale and the asking price, follow it till the day of expiration for sale and see if it does sell.

Good luck.