MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a HBE-200 AMI (Background Music System)

I have a HBE-200 AMI jukebox. It also is a working unit.

It is not as fancy as the ones I have seen on eBay that are worth several thousand dollars. I would follow eBay and see if yours comes up.

This unit was made in 1960-1962 but does not seem to have been very popular.

Probably because it is a working model for background music and everyone wanted to see what was going on and businesses wanted the boxes to pay for themselves.

I did not see one for sale (or sold) and that is how you find current value which means - who can tell?
I can only suggest you list it for sale at whatever price you wish and see what someone will offer.
Shipping is always a problem with heavy bulky items so you may want to list your box with 'local pick up only'. Of course, this limits your viewing area unless someone wishes to arrange their own shipping.
eBay is not always a good selling place for beginners but with some research you may want to try it.

I would suggest listing it on Craigslist, USA4Sale, LetGo, OfferUp as pick up only. You can start your price very high and lower it after 6-8 weeks if no one shows an interest.
It it is in good working order I would suggest starting at $1200 and see what happens. Not in working order and not nice condition? Maybe $600 and go from there.

Pictures sell items so take better pictures (clean up the background too) and show item open as well as all parts of the cabinet.
A good description is a must.
Here is a link that has information about this unit.

www.jukebox-world.de/.../AMI_Background.htm