MiscellaneousCollectibles

Value of a Mersman 7406 Table

When I acquired a Mersman 7406 coffee table 20 years ago, it had a white lacquer finish. I stripped it to it's natural blond state, then varnished it. It's in pretty good condition except for a ring in the corner that I've kept hidden with a basket. Without a picture, can you give me a ballpark of what it might be worth? Thanks!

Best Answer

Mersman 7406 coffee table

1. Mersman was a family owned business and mass produced coffee tables, end tables, and dinning tables.
  2. The tables were sold for a reasonable price and many people purchased these types of tables for their home.
  3. I have found some coffee tables with the same referrence number as yours, but I don't see the white lacquer finish on them.
  4. I have found a few Mersman tables that they did add the white lacquer finish too, but I am not sure if they are yours or not.
  5. Considering that you have removed the original finish and varnished the table this can go one of two ways.

It can add value to the table or it can decrease the value of the table.
  6. In your case I would say that it probably added a nicer look to the table considering not too many people like white lacquer finishes.
  7. Considering this table has a stain on it and it isn't in the best of conditions, I would give you an estimate of around $30 to $40 you could sell your table for.
  8. If it didn't have a stain and was in better condition you might be able to ask $50 to $65 for your table.

Thank you so much!

Mersman coffee table.

Step 1
Go on E-bay for a month and see what your table is worth.

Step 2
Only actual sales not just listed prices.

Thank you!

Usually when you refinish a piece you decrease its value. Most coffee tables I saw on eBay were in the $150 range.

Thank you!