Value of a Set of 1904 Encyclopedia Americana

How much is an entire set of Americana encyclopedia 1904 (16 volumes) worth? They are in pretty good shape considering their age! Where can I sell them?

A complete set, if worth something, is more desirable than an incomplete set. Go to worhpoint.com or a local book dealer.

I have a complete set of World Book. Though you & I may think they should be worth something. Unfortunately with today's technology Computers have replaced the use of looking up anything in any research books. I have posted my set on e-bay and received no responses at all. I am sorry for the negative feedback. Good luck if you can sell your set.

I don't think it is highly saleable, unfortunately, though it may indeed be very interesting. You could try eBay for an idea of prices. Perhaps a museum of Americana might be interested.

Check out eBay for what people are trying to sell and even check the "sold" listings but I think you will find there are almost no buyers of books like this.

It is a shame to see these put in the trash but that is where they usually go if donated to Goodwill, Salvation Army etc.
They will not usually even let you leave them if they see what you have.

I volunteer at our local Hospice Thrift Store and we never accept them because they generally always go to the trash bin.

If you still have them, I might be interested. Note: I can get access to the entire 1904 set online, so it's not like I'd spend a ton of money on them, but it would be helpful to have an actual hard copy. Research purposes.

FYI, here's the link to the online version: tinyurl.com/gnfkqhe

Hi I have a complete set of 1904 Encyclopedia Americana which we are interested in selling -- are you still looking for a set. These are leather bound in good condition with the marbled blue ends and inside cover. thanks Carol