Value of an Antique William Rogers Tray

How much is my antique Wm. Rogers tray, 4072, worth?

Unless it is marked 925 or sterling you have silver plate. From what I have seen on eBay, it seems to be silver plate. The highest asking price is around $20. You could take it to a jewelry store and they could tell you whether it is plated or sterling.

The photo is a little dark on my laptop, so I am not 100% sure yours is an exact match, but it looks like this one which just sold on ebay for 12.99 free shipping:

www.ebay.com/.../223238935987?hash=item33fa13d5b3...

"Free" shipping means in came from the seller's profit, which takes the value (selling price - shipping) down to about 3-5 dollars.

Unfortunately most silver plate items have limited value. They need to be pristine to get anything. I have a craft project I want to post to this site (TF) on how to take these trays and use broken tempered glass to make amazing dresser trays. I learned the craft when trying to find a way to repurpose some we were left from family members.

My local metal recycler also takes them, but since it pays by the ton, I got very little for them and the other metal I took. Sad, as many were wedding presents and had such glorious starts to their live as a tray. Tastes and society changes and the oxidation and heavy use all but ruined them over time. It makes me sad.

Take care. Sorry I don't have better news for you.