Value of an Antique and a Vintage Thimble

I am looking for information for 2 thimbles, specifically, the age and value. One is a plastic yellow Tastykake and the other is an antique Miss Princine baking soda aluminum. There are from an estate sale and original.

Thank you.

I saw the Tastykake for $3 on Etsy. The other one is about $8.

Cool! I stopped collecting thimbles years ago because the values weren't holding...but these are neat and make me sad I stopped:

So, there are none of the Tastycake ones SOLD on eBay, so you will want to watch this one to see if it sells:

www.ebay.com/.../332794435242?hash=item4d7c1816aa...

There are none at the moment of the other on eBay...either sold or active.

I always and only value things by using eBay or other reputable auction site COMPLETED AND SOLD auctions...never us asking prices or active auctions to value. Sold tells you exactly what someone is willing to pay.

I know there is a way on Etsy to figure out how to view SOLD prices...but I haven't figured it out...if you can search there for sold auctions you can watch the ones Judy told you about and see if they sell or if there are other examples of sold auctions.

They are neat! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, I always do research for my items,,, so that isn't much help. I was hoping to find someone with a wider net of information.

Thanks anyway

I am sorry I wasn't able to help. I will keep checking back to see if there are more posts. Take care. Good luck with your items!! Thanks again for sharing!

I feel sure you have already checked the Internet for these but occasionally a new listing will pop up.

Here is a listing on eBay for a Tastykake so you can place a watch to see if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../183444716232?hash=item2ab6283ac8...

It does look like Princine products are holding their value a little more but I did not see any thimbles.

eBay, Etsy are good sites to keep checking but probably the best one for thimbles is rubylane.

www.rubylane.com/collectibles?cat=Sewing%3AThimbles...

You may be able to join this club and ask some questions about your thimbles.

thimblecollectors.com/.../