Vegan 'Ice Cream' Smoothie Recipe
Vegan ice cream is often made from coconut and is great for smoothies. This is a guide about vegan "ice cream" smoothie recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great and tasty treat for whenever you are avoiding dairy or processed desserts.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 box strawberries
- 1/2 cup tahini (or more to taste)*
- optional: 1 mango, 1 pint blueberries, 1 tbsp molasses/sorghum, 1 cup raw spinach
* Can use peanut butter
- First make sure you've had 4 bananas in the freezer for at least 24 hours. This adds the crucial thickness and ice-cream quality.
- When you're ready to make the smoothie, leave the frozen bananas out for 5 to 10 minutes. They need to get soft enough to manipulate, but not too thawed. If you don't have a high speed blender, you may want to let them thaw a bit longer.
- Cut the bananas into wheels. Once again if you do not have a high speed blender, cut them into very small pieces. Add them to the blender.
- Cut the strawberries and add them to the blender.
- Blend this till it becomes puree.
- Add the tahini/peanut butter slowly, pulsing the machine so the blades don't get gunked up.
- Add any additional ingredients to taste.
- Serve up!