Vegetable Stuffed Fish
This recipe was originally called flounder florentine. However I found it works with any firm white-fleshed fish. I also experimented with some Swiss chard from my garden instead of the spinach, with good results.
Prep Time: 10 minutes to prepare
Cook Time: 20 minutes to bake
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings (2 pieces of fish per person)
Source: Family Circle from late 1970s or early 1980s
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I used chopped Swiss chard from my garden)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 2 fresh flounder fillets, about 7 ounces each
- 4 pats butter
- flavored bread crumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease dish or line with foil.
- Stir together the spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl.
- Halve each flounder fillet lengthwise. Spread the filling on each.
- Roll up jelly-roll style and secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange seam-side down in the dish.
- Put the butter on each roll, and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, if you are using them.
- Cover the dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish begins to flake with a fork and the filling is hot.
- Use a spatula to transfer the rolls to a serving plate and remove the toothpicks.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.