Venting a Gas Dyer Inside the Home

I have a gas dyer and I need to vent it inside the house. I am aware of the heat and lint issue and extra humidity in the room. How do I vent it?

By Jim

Do a web search for indoor dryer vent. Home Depot and such stores carry kits for this. I have seen them advertised, and it supposedly isn't that bad an idea.

Some people have had luck with putting the hose inside a glass 1 gallon jar, but you have to watch it so it gets emptied often. Perhaps a sign on the dryer? Good luck. Here's a link that will help.

Every search result says that venting a gas dryer indoors is deadly.

Every home improvement show on the TV says all types of dryers should be vented to the outdoors. I doubt that it is safe to do otherwise. You should check building codes in your area, and also visit your local hardware stores for kits to do the job.

What you should not do is cobble together something based on some random advice from people who really know nothing about the issue.

Electric dryers can be vented indoors. It's not safe to vent a gas dryer indoors.

You can NEVER vent a gas dryer indoors! Unless you are wanting to die...

Anonymous

I wouldnt do that. Gas burns creating carbon monoxide. Good way to never wake up after taking a nap after doibg laundry.

Gas dryers should never be vented inside. In addition to the hot moist air and lint, the vent from a gas dryer contains the combustion products of the gas fuel! The national codes have exceptions for interior venting of condensing type dryers.

Some states allow electric dryers to vent to interior spaces. For electric dryers, the dryer vent trap should be free of damage and the termination of the venting should be a commercial interior dryer vent kit. In summary: Do not vent a gas dryer inside!