Vietnamese Pandan Honeycomb Cake

This is a delicious sweet, chewy pandan flavored tapioca cake with coconut milk. To have a successful cake, you have to follow the instructions closely. I love making this cake from scratch at home because I do not add any food coloring. The hue is naturally from the pandan leaves.

Prep Time: 45 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes

Yield: 1 cake

1. On medium heat, add coconut cream and brown sugar in. Stir until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
  2. Crack eggs in a large bowl and whisk.
  3. Wash pandan leaves and put in a blender. Blend until liquid. Strain the pulp. Discard the pulp.
  4. Add tapioca starch, rice flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Mix evenly.
  5. Add the pandan liquid to the egg bowl and mix throughly until combined.
  6. Once mixed throughly, add the pandan mixture and vegetable oil into the flour. Mix well.
  7. Once mixed, you will notice bubbles and clumps - don't worry. This is where the strainer will come in handy. Strain the mixture until smooth.
  8. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place your bundt pan in the oven for 1 minute only and take out.
  9. Once you take out your bundt pan, use a brush and dab remaining oil around the inside of the pan.
  10. Pour mixture into the bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
  11. Cool for a few minutes on rack. Remove from bundt pan onto plate.

Thanks for sharing! I love this cake but I have had no success making it myself. I will try again following your recipe.

You're welcome! I love this cake, too! I actually made this cake 3 times within the week and out of 3 times (2 times were a success). My recipe varies from others, some add more sugar or other ingredients + coloring, I don't. :)

would love to try this. I assume i can find pandan leaves at local Asian market?