Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Fish Soup (Canh Ca Chua Ngot)
Fish, tropical fruit, green onions, and seasonings combine to make this tasty light soup. This is a page about Vietnamese sweet and sour fish soup (canh ca chua not).
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a delicious light soup my mom makes. It is a quick and healthy dish.
- star fruit
- green onion
- salt and peper
- Optional: green Thai chili pepper or jalapeño
*Use any fish that doesn't have a lot of bones. You can use a whole small fish or even a salmon filet.
- Boil fish in salted water for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the fish is boiling, thinly cut the pineapple, star fruit, green onion, and cilantro.
- Take the fish out and set aside. Add pineapple and star fruit in and boil for 30 seconds.
- Then add the green onions and cilantro and immediately pour into a bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Note: If you want more spice you can add green chili pepper in step 1.
If you want to enjoy this as a soup, remove any bones from the fish and add back into the bowl. We usually eat the fish with rice and have the broth on the side.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.