Vietnamese Sponge Gourd and Enoki Mushroom Soup
If you can't find these unusual ingredients at a local Asian market, substitute zucchini and button mushrooms for a delicious alternative. This page contains a recipe for making Vietnamese sponge gourd and enoki mushroom soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This soup is a staple in our household. We love to eat this very warm soup during our meals. I am personally not a huge fan of vegetables, but this is one of my favorite soups!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 4 Vietnamese sponge gourd
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp
- 4 stem garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 stems green onion
- 1/3 bundle cilantro
- 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Clean the shrimp with salt. Then, remove the skin of the shrimp. Then mince the shrimp to a paste. Afterwards dice the green onions and a handful will go into the paste along with pepper and mix. Then, the other handful of green onion left - set aside.
- Wash enoki mushrooms and set aside. Wash and dice cilantro. Wash, peel and slice sponge gourd into pieces.
- Get a pot and turn the heat on medium high. Add vegetable oil and smashed the garlic. When the garlic is yellow, add water until boiling.
- Then get the bowl of minced shrimp paste. Using a spoon scoop one tablespoon one by one and put into the boiling water. This will take about 10 minutes. Add salt, sugar, fish sauce on medium heat until the soup boils. Add the sponge gourd into the pot for 15 minutes. Then add the mushrooms, green onions and cilantro and dash of pepper. Cover for a few minutes!
- Ready to serve!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.