Vodka Cream Pasta Recipes

Category Pasta
This page contains vodka cream pasta recipes. A rich Italian pasta sauce often found in expensive restaurants. You can make it from scratch with cream and vodka.

This is a quick, tasty, and fancy looking dinner that is fairly inexpensive to make. I find that if I spend a little more money and cook nice meals like this regularly, we don't want to go out to eat, saving money in the long run.

Directions:

Put large pot of water on high heat for pasta. When water boils, add salt and pasta. Cook until al dente and drain.

Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, butter, garlic, and green onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes.

Add vodka and cook to reduce by half, approximately 2-3 minutes.

Add chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

Stir cream into the vodka sauce. When sauce comes to a boil, remove from heat. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves and serve with a vegetable of your choice. I like to top with some feta cheese or freshly grated Parmesan. It'd also go well with a nice piece of crusty bread as there is usually a little bit of sauce left to sop up.

Source: Original recipe was a Rachael Ray 30 minute dinner. I've made some modifications.

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

It looks really good, thanks for sharing. I love tomatoes and basil!

I might try using an immersion blender to get a nice creamy sauce. One of my boys hates tomatoes but loves salsa and spaghetti sauce. :)

Anonymous

Stephanie, This looks and sounds heavenly! Perfect ingredients! :-)

Looks very appetizing, and who doesn't like pasta paired with broccoli?
My family will love it.

Thanks for sharing Stephanie.

Pookarina