Washing Blueberries

Category Fruit
This is a guide about washing blueberries. Here is a great tip about washing blueberries and preventing them from becoming mushy in the process.

To prevent your blueberries from being soggy, we like to give our blueberries a cool bath with ice for a few minutes. By doing this, your blueberries will be firm. Afterwards, rinse the water and allow the blueberries to dry on a napkin. Eat immediately after, or you can store in the fridge.

Top Comment

I have seen so many very useful tips on ThriftyFun. For some reason, I am intrigued by those that are the simplest. This tip is so simple, it's elegant. And I'm sure it works!

Thank you

Yes, it works! I hate it when my berries are mushy!