Linens and BlanketsCleaning

Washing Feather Pillows

I have some feather pillows I love, but they need washing. Does anyone have
an idea or can tell me how to wash them?

I wash mine on the gentle cycle and fluff dry. Use a mild laundry soap and make sure no holes in the pillow first. You can also lay them flat to dry, but turn and fluff them often while drying.

Feather pillows can be washed in much the same manner as down pillows.
Feather pillows (even the old, old ones) can be washed on a gentle cycle (lots of water) with another pillow or a large towel or two and mild soap with a vinegar rinse or two. Place pillow in a cotton zipper pillow case/cover so any loose feathers will not get in washing machine. Many say not to do this but it works for me.

Do NOT use fabric softener as it will cling to the feathers.
Always use small amounts of soap and rinse twice.
I dry my pillows in sunshine on wire rack by turning often for a couple of hours and then place in dryer to finish. hard balls or a clean tennis shoe helps get the moisture out. Try to hang (long ways) on a line inside after drying just to be sure they are dry.

http://www.good  w-washing-jul02/

is it bad to put them in the clothes dryer for a long time, or if they're wet?

stuff like this i sometimes simply leave it out in the sun, or in the locked car on a sunny, hot day

intense heat and light acts as a great deodorizer, antibacterial, etc

It is always best to try just placing in sunshine for a few hours to see if pillows really need washing.
I have never tried drying my pillows in just the dryer so I do not know how that would work. I always dry them as much as possible outside in the sunshine but it takes a few hours (more than a day sometimes) to dry completely and you do have to keep fluffing and turning them over. Also try not to lay on a solid surface as you want air to circulate around the pillows.
Putting in the dryer should be to just fluff and no heat.

Wash on a gentle cycle, if possible leave them outside to dry, if you have a clothes line, use a clothes pin to hang by two corners and it will drip dry on its own.

Wash on a gentle cycle with mild detergent. Fluff up when dry.