Clothing WashersAppliances

Washing Machine Cycle Completes Too Quickly

My washing machine cycle is going way too fast. The whole washing cycle is ready in under 10 minutes. The pump, drain, and motor are working. Is it a timer problem? Or what?

It is probably a timing issue. You may need a new belt.

You do not say what make or if it is but most washer (top loading anyway) operate about the same. I'm sure there is a problem with the timer but if you have your manual you may be able to pinpoint a way to repair it much quicker. If you do not have the manual someone may be able to find one for you or if we know the brand and model number we may be able to assist you a lot quicker.
If it is a Sears machine you can call them and they will give you information on how to contact their service department.
The good thing about Sears repair/parts service is they have parts for almost every make and model of machine.

If you can find a model number you can probably get help on how to repair your machine.

Has it always been this quick? I know my washer has different cycles and I can select if I want a quick wash, or normal, longer wash. It shows the time. Perhaps this is on the quick wash?