Watch For Zippers And Buttons At Thrift Stores

I find that a great deal of things sold at thrift stores are 2nd hand but not used. I have found zippers still in their sleeves for .25, or a savings of about 900%.

I also take out the zippers and buttons of clothes that can't be salvaged for anything but the actual fabric and notions.

There have also been times when someone was selling out their stores. I once got 80 heavy duty zippers for purses for just $4.00. That is just too good a deal to pass up, considering they are almost $3.00 each new.

Once, I bought a gown that netted me 4 yards of fabric, some lace, a zipper, broach, pearlescent buttons and all for less than $1.00. Now that was a steal, so don't pass up your local thrift shop.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

In These Pages
Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 14, 2012
🍀

Generated 2020-02-16 10:58:49 in 719 msecs. ⛅️️