Watching My Christmas Cactus Grow

I have been growing Christmas cactus for years! I think they are the most fascinating plants to watch blooming. All my plants originate from the first plant I had. I then rooted pieces and grew new plants. That is why they are all the same color blooms. My cactus bloom 3 times a year.

Beautiful! I've never had much luck with Christmas cacti. I did keep one that bloomed for every holiday for about 2 years. Then I change it's location and it was all downhill afterwards.

Well, I have had a lot of experience with my cacti. I did lose a lot of mine when I moved two & half years ago. One thing I can tell you is; Cacti plants don't like "Change" at all. One thing they like is sitting in front of a large bright sunny window. And even in the winter when that window gets breezy and cold, it doesn't bother them at all. I keep them all together. Once a week, I turn them 1/4 around, while I water them.

And once a month, I add 2-3 tbl sugar to a 2qt. jug of water and feed them. And I just read a hint that plants should be given a baby asprin in the water once a month. I'm going to try it! I think the best advice of all, is don't bother them, and keep them in a bright lite room. And as close to a window! I hope I helped you! Mine bloom 3 times a year. Usually, Nov. March and july! Around those months!

Anonymous

I put my Christmas cactuses (cacti) out on a porch in the spring, and bring them in before frost in the fall. They bloom twice a year (not usually on Christmas)! It is Nov. now and they are loaded with buds. Put them in at least two different rooms. Moveing doesn't seem to bother them . Don't over water when blooming...

Home and Garden Gardening CactusNovember 8, 2019
🎉
🎄