A very nice and refreshing salad. This salad pairs perfectly with a meat entree or at a BBQ party! Feel free to alter this recipe with your preferred tomatoes, greens, herbs, choice of cheese.
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 10-12 people
- 8 lb watermelon
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp Thai basil
- 1 Tbsp mint
- 2 handful spring mix
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Add the olive oil and red wine vinegar in a jar. Shake to combine. Set aside.
- Dice watermelon into a large bowl.
- Wash grape tomatoes and combine with diced watermelon.
- Add your choice of cheese. I diced some mozzarella cheese.
- I added 3 handfuls of spring mix.
- Topped salad with chopped Thai basil and mint and some almonds.
- Toss watermelon salad with dressing (olive oil & red wine vinegar) and ready to serve. I was able to make 2 bowls of this for 8 pound watermelon.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!