Fresh watermelon and strawberries are the main ingredients in this refreshing treat. This page has a recipe for making watermelon-strawberry popsicles.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I just saw this in an old magazine and had to make it right away. I love that I had all the ingredients. These popsicles are so refreshing and delicious on a hot summer day. My kids really love them.
Total Time: 10 minutes, plus freezing time.
Yield: 10 3-oz popsicles
Source: Everyday Food magazine
- 2 lb cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 lb hulled, halved strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Puree watermelon in a blender in batches.
- Strain watermelon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Discard the solids.
- Puree the strawberries. Add to watermelon juice.
- Add sugar, lime juice and pinch of salt. Stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture into 10 3-oz popsicle molds. (If you don't have molds, you can pour the mixture into little paper cups and put a stick in the cup).
- Freeze until solid, about 3 hours or so.