Waxy Growth on Top of Avocado Tree

This tree is about 9 months old, and has been pot bound for a month or so (now moved to this big current pot). It seemed to stop growing a few months back presumably when it's roots ran out of room. Only the white waxy stuff on top has been growing. My question is what is it? There are lots of conflicting opinions online, like it was an immature seed. (Maybe as it was straight out of an avocado I ate.) Other ideas are a virus or disease or it's an albino plant?

Best Answer

Your avocado tree seems to be rewarding your care with flowers and perhaps fruit. The waxy growth seems to me to be a flower stalk developing

It could be a fungus called black spot, caused by too high humidity. You would have to spray with an antifungal product.

Anonymous

Thank you but it's the white waxy bit on top that's the prob. There's no black spots on my plant x

Thank you but it's not black spot there are no black spots and the air in my caravan is always dry . I was hoping someone may know something about the white waxy growth on top