OdorsCleaning

Weird BBQ Smell in Living Room

I keep getting a smell in my house that smells like really strong sweet chickory BBQ? It comes and goes often in short bursts, but vanishes quickly and reappears minutes or even seconds later! Any ideas? It's driving me mad and I'm worried its electrical

so that makes me think that you could have some weird animal or even insect colony living in the house. I'm not familiar with any animals that give of a BBQ smell per se, but I know that snake infestations give off a weird cucumber smell and bedbug infestations give off a very particular iron-sweet smell. Is there a chance there's some weird animal stressed out trapped in there giving off scent?

or it culd be electrical

Do you have neighbors close by? We have this issue any time our neighbor barbecues on the back porch grill or when he barbecues in the kitchen with back door open, which he does all summer when it rains. We are just downwind of him. No issues in the winter.

If you have no neighbors or this isn't possible, I am at a loss and very curious what could cause this.

Let us know what you find!

If you are worried, please call an electrician. The service call is worth your peace of mind.

For us! It's our neighbors who BBQ quite often and we leave the windows open (upstairs) and it flows in the house!

Is the flue open in your fireplace? Might be the source.