What Breed Is My Dog?

My 2 year old, Toby, was brought home at two months old by my daughter. We know his mom was a Chihuahua and are totally unsure of the dad. He's 22 pounds, 18 inches to base of his tail and 12 inches tall. He's got all the characteristics of a Chihuahua (shy, skiddish, a one person dog). He also "points", hides his bones, only will eat his kibble if you shake the bowl around as if he's caught it, and lots of other "hound dog" or maybe sight hound traits. Any opinions? Thanks for taking the time to assist me.

The only way to determine if he is a Chihuahua mixed with another breed is through a home DNA test. You can now buy these online or at some local pet shops in your area. You should buy one and do the test at home. Then you will know for sure what his actual mixed breed is.