Dog BreedsDogs

What Breed Is My Dog?

What kind of mix is my mini pincher? He is only about 3 months old. I got him from a shelter so I am not very sure.

Kylie

By (Guest Post)

His coloring looks like he's part beagle.

I agree.Looks like a beagle mix.How adorable

By (Guest Post)

I am hesitant to say part beagle, because of a few factors: the ears are very short, the legs are not thick, and the feet are small. The coloration he possesses is found in many breeds, but a combination of that color and his stature/ears/shape/rounded head makes me think he is part Rat Terrier. These are very common where I live (TN), so I have seen dozens of Rat Terrier mixes and have owned many myself. The photo I provided is of one of our mixed puppies at about 3 months. I owned her parents and one set of grandparents, so I know her parentage, and she has both Rat Terrier and Miniature Pinscher (as well as a few other things in small amounts).

Since the tri-color pattern found in Rat Terriers can vary widely, the strong black and tan pattern your puppy shows can easily be in the realm of possibility. They also come in a range of sizes varying from about 5 pounds to over 20 pounds, and some have upright ears while others have flopped over ears or in between. Just an educated guess, after having seen so very many of these in my area and in my home!

He is adorable!

By jen (Guest Post)

I would say part beagle also because he looks like my old beagle-dachshund.

By ajhelmick (Guest Post)

Your puppy looks like a Manchester terrier to me. He sure is cute. Thanks for sharing with us.

Your puppy is: ADORABLE!