AdviceDogs

What Breed Is This Puppy?

We found him starving dumped on the side of the road yesterday! I'm just wondering what breed he looks like? I am going to get him to a vet soon! We named him Otis :)

By Candice from TN

By now I'm sure you've noticed Otis is favouring that front right leg, and you've likely had him to the vet.

Where you were told he might have some Corgi in him in addition to possibly Staffie (American Staffordshire Terrier, some people mistakenly call them pit bulls). And doubtless you've also found out he's likely not a puppy but between 18mos to 3 years (hard to say for sure from the snap you've posted but at least a year and a half old).

I raised AKC Boxers in the US for over 40 years before my permanent relocation to the UK, my cousin raised American Staffordshire Terriers, and we both did breed rescue.

Poor wee man, he looks as though you rescued him just in time! Best wishes to you for many years of happy companionship - he looks bright and should be a wonderful dog after his vet care and rehabilitation is complete.