What Goes On Sale When?

Years ago, my mom had an article she cut out from somewhere showing what items go on sale during certain months. This is in the U.S. For example, in January, bedding usually goes on sale. In February, kitchen items go on sale. In March, garden items go on sale. And on and on for different types of products in each month. I don't know if bedding actually goes on sale in January. This was just an example of the kind of information the article presented. It was like a guide as to when certain types of items go on sale each month in the U.S. It was a guide that stores used (or USED to use) to indicate to the public when certain items are on sale throughout the year. Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance if you do!

Here's what we already have on ThriftyFun. The main list is pretty old, one of the oldest posts on our site, in fact.

www.thriftyfun.com/List-of-Sales-By-Month.html

I hope that we will get some current advice. I know that storage containers and shelving always seems to be on sale right after the new year. And look for exercise equipment at thrift stores in early spring. :)

There are many sources. Here is one. www.nerdwallet.com/.../what-to-buy-every-month

Here is another source:

www.thebalance.com/comprehensive-guide-to-seasonal-sales...

I never heard of that one but I know after holidays they go on sale up to 90%

Also good time to shop is Cyber Monday oppose to Black Friday.

This one is pretty handy from 2019. and has been close to accurate . It gives the 12 months and selections. www.livingrichlyonabudget.com/.../ - Most retail stores have big sales/clearance after every holiday and season change. This happens after all major Holidays 1 to2 days after discounting as high as 70 to 80% , to get rid of and make room for the next season/holiday. As far as the seasons, all winter items are discounted in the spring, and the same with summer items, discounted in late summer/fall.

I love to buy 'off-season' as expensive items likes coats, flannel (clothes, sheets), comforters never really go 'out-of-style' so to speak so I just start looking looking for sales when the stores start selling the next season items.

If you're looking at big ticket items then check out these sites;
money.usnews.com/.../the-best-time-of-year-to-buy-everything
www.cnbc.com/.../the-best-time-of-the-year-to-buy...

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingDecember 31, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Goes-On-Sale-When.html