What Is This Bug?

A bug on a piece of paper.In a hotel in Kansas City on the second bed (thank goodness!). Do I need to throw away all my clothes that were on that bed? Help!

A bug on a piece of paper.

A bug on a piece of paper.

A bug on a piece of paper.

Bronze Feedback Medal for 2021. 15 Feedbacks

This looks like a Larder Beetle. They are not dangerous to humans or pets. They eat grain products, leather, feathers, dead skin, etc. They usually get into your house from dry pet food. In the hotel room, they did not infest your clothes like bed bugs might. But if you would feel better, just run everything through the washer and dryer. If you had shoes in your luggage, spray inside with Lysol.
Here is info about Larder Beetles:

www.google.com/search?q=larder+beetle&tbm=isch&ved...

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

This does not look like a bed bug.
Here is what I would do: get plastic bags and seal everything that was on that bed.
As soon as you get home, throw all of the clothing in a hot dryer for 20 minutes. This kills everything.

Of course, if the clothing was dirty, wash it first.
I put any clothing or linens I buy, new or used, in the dryer first. I got this tip from Clark Howard, a consumer expert.

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 424 Answers

It looks more like a Roach to me , they are harmless and will try to avoid you , they are usual an out door bug but occasionally is found in doors . They are scary to look at and will run like crazy but will not harm you !!

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsSeptember 25, 2021
🌻
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-This-Bug-27.html