BugsPest Control

What are These Bugs?

Help! I have small black bugs that resemble fleas all in my doorways, windows of my kitchen, and underneath the cabinets. I do not know how to get rid of them and the exterminator was no help! He could not identify them. Thank you for your help.

By brenda sandy from Tampa, FL

I don't know what they are called either, but they have bored into an old wooden table that I have, and they also get into any foods that are left opened, even in the spices if the lids aren't on right. You will have to look in things like opened cereal boxes, cornstarch, spices with the twist lids, rice, flour, etc, and throw out anything they are in. Empty all of your cabinets, and vac them out, then clean well with dilute bleach. In future, keep things like cereal in the plastic cereal storage boxes, and keep spices in zip bags if they have the twisty strainer type lids.
I had to take my table outside, spray it well with roach killer, left it for 3 days, then scrubbed it well with bleach water.

They just look like specs in the photos. Any chance you can get a close-up of one?

Anonymous

It's hard to tell by the picture but if they are what I think they are (don't know their name) they are harmless and just annoying ;-)

They look too large to be the kind that get in to dry food products. Now those are really, really annoying ;-) lol!

Perhaps take a closer shot of them and post just to be sure?

Try spraying them with isopropyl alcohol. It's worked for me with a few types of bugs. And I hope you didn't pay the idiot exterminator who shouldn't be in the extermination business if they can't identify bugs.

If you can use take another pic through a magnifying glass to give you a close up of your insect for identification.

How are they getting in ? Is there a tree outside the window? Are they alive ?

I have the same thing . They are driving my daughter and me crazy . The next thing I'm going to try is saybyebugs.com It is for bed bugs .

I figure if it works for bed bugs tyhen it will kill most anything. Try it and let us know if you have success . Good Luck ! Melanie

Every day there are small aphid like bugs in my kitchen sink. I never see them fly, they kind of hop and have antennas. They are so small it is hard to tell the difference between then and a bread crumb. I thought they came from my children's flower pots that set in the window sill, but even after they were taken out and everything was bleached they are still there. I have no idea what they are or where they come from? Can anyone help me?

By Althiea