What is my Dining Table Worth?

I have not been able to find anything remotely similar on the internet to find the value of this dining table. It's 8 legs, gateway (I believe it's called), drop leaf, cherry, original finish 42 x 76 inches (a tad wobbly).

Does your table have a maker brand , company name, serial #, to help authenticate your table. As is online you could get up to $300 for a generic table in good shape.

No it doesn't... except one thing, it has a mark on the slider of the mechanism (Jefferson woodworking co, KY)

Jefferson woodworking co, KY is the company that has made this table. If this is the only mark you can find and this is a company name this would be the first place to start searching. I have found a table on eBay from this company and they are asking $475 for this table. Keep in mind this is not the exact table as the one you have so the price will vary.

www.ebay.com/.../372016916962

You can directly contact this company and it is located in Jefferson Woodworking Co. Louisville, Ky. I would also try and speak with an antique company in your area and see what the value of these tables sells for around you. They would be the best way to find out how much a person in your area is willing to pay for a table.

So my understanding is there are a number of companies who could have made the table--that the Jefferson Wood Working Company made the slides only--not the table.

You may want to contact the University of Louisville, KY to see if they have on record who else made the tables using the slides. The Jefferson Woodworking Company had a historical presence there.

This company is NOT related to a company still in existence called Jefferson Woodworking Inc or LLC or something like that. Two different companies.

Value is really based on supply and demand for the piece in your area. Where I am this table would probably sell for less than $300, maybe as low as $25 to $50. Where you are it could be high in demand and sell for much more.

I see them all around the country (not the exact style) as you said, but similar tables and they are all over the place in asking price and sadly most sit unsold.

If you have a consignment store in your town, ask them how much it would cost to buy your table--that would give you the retail value where you are and then you can expect to sell it for 1/4 to 1/8 of retail for your area.

Post back with an update! Thanks for sharing!

🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-my-Dining-Table-Worth.html