CandiesBaking & Desserts

Whipped Chocolate Truffle Candy Bars

This recipe is a copycat recipe of a Three Musketeer bar. I didn't think it tasted exactly like one but it was better! The filling was a little softer, and it was more like an airy soft truffle. My 5 year old tasted one and said, "Mommy, this is the best thing in the world!". My 12 year old took a bite and immediately said, "Mom! You're making these again, right?". The recipe was so simple with minimal ingredients. I will be making these again, for sure.

Total Time: Over an hour, total

Yield: About 15 or 16

Source: beantownbaker.com

Link: http://www.beantownbaker.com/2010/10/homemade-three-musketeer-candy-bars.html

1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with wax paper.
  2. Melt the semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power, or melt them in a double boiler.
  3. To melt in double boiler, put about 1 inch of water in a pot. Heat until it simmers, and then turn the heat to low. Put your glass bowl on top of the pot, making sure that it is not touching the water below. Stir the chocolate, until melted. Very carefully remove the bowl. There will be a lot of steam that was trapped underneath the bowl.
  4. Ad

5. Using an electric mixer on high, beat the melted chocolate for 30 seconds.
  6. Add whipped topping to chocolate mixture. Beat on high until mix is combined and fluffy, about 30-60 seconds.
  7. Ad

8. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
  9. Remove pan and put on cutting board. Cut into 1 inch squares. Mine were more like 1 inch by 2 inches long, because I wanted them to look more like candy bars. Return bars back to the freezer for 20 minutes. I rushed this part because I needed to go somewhere, and my mixture was very soft and harder to work with. I would recommend freezing it for the 20 minutes.
  10. Ad

11. Melt milk chocolate and shortening, either in a double boiler or in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat for about 20 seconds, stir, then heat another 20 seconds until mixture is melted.
  12. Dip chocolate squares into chocolate. Place onto wax paper to harden up.
  13. Ad

14. Keep candy bars in the fridge. Enjoy!

Wow! This sounds scrumptious! I'm bookmarking this to try after the holidays. You got my vote!