White Chocolate Popcorn Recipes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 9, 2019
Read More Comments
The closer we get to autumn, the more we will see sales on things like caramel. This is a fun way to spruce up ordinary popcorn by covering it in caramel, nuts, and white chocolate, then sprinkling it with flaked salt. When placed in clear bags and tied in ribbon, they make excellent gifts.
Total Time: 40 minutes plus cooling time
- 11 ounce bag chewy caramels
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- 10 cups plain air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used unsalted almonds and walnuts)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Place caramel pieces, butter and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until melted and very smooth, stirring frequently. Shut off heat.
- Chop the nuts. I use a mix of small and large pieces for texture variety.
- Place popcorn and chopped nuts in a large bowl.
- Pour melted caramel mixture onto popcorn and nuts.
- Stir very well so all the pieces are well coated in caramel.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto lightly greased baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir popcorn well, then bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave for 30 second increments until smooth when stirred. Don't overdo the heat.
- Transfer the baked popcorn to a tray lined with parchment paper and spread it out. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Sprinkle with flaked salt and allow to cool completely, until white chocolate has hardened. Break into clusters.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 18, 2008
I just whipped up several batches of delicious white chocolate candy cane popcorn to give for gifts this Christmas, and it was so easy and inexpensive.Read More...
September 15, 2010
I make my own popcorn and spray it with butter flavored cooking spray. Melt the almond bark according to package directions. Add the pecans or peanuts, if desired, to the popcorn.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.