Savory Popcorn Recipes
By adding a variety of dried spices to your popcorn you can create a delicious savory snack for your next party or movie night. This page contains savory popcorn recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
January 31, 2012
This would be a good one for the coffee table on Super Bowl Sunday ;-) To enhance this snack serve with the traditional Buffalo side of blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Read More Comments
- 16 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 4 Tbsp. hot sauce such as Frank's or Durkee
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- cayenne pepper to taste, if desired
- salt to taste, if desired
Place popcorn in a large bowl or paper bag.
Combine the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan on medium heat, heat, while stirring, until the butter is melted, drizzle over popcorn and toss or shake to coat.
Sprinkle with cayenne and salt to taste, toss or shake to coat again and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
Make fancy popcorn to your liking!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Chocolate Mix:
- 1 cup milk chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 Tbsp pre-sweetened cocoa mix
- Herb Mix:
- 1 tsp ranch or Italian dry salad dressing mix
- Cheese-Tomato Mix:
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp instant tomato soup mix
Directions:As soon as your popcorn is popped, add desired flavoring mix to popcorn in a paper bag. Close bag and shake to coat.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups fish-shaped cheddar crackers
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. red pepper sauce
Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Mix popcorn, pretzel sticks and crackers in ungreased rectangular pan (9x13 inch). Mix remaining ingredients. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss until evenly coated. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until toasted, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.