Windshield Washer Not Spraying

My 2007 SY Territory washer system won't work. I have checked the fuse and checked the water reservoir and made sure it is full. I also checked that all the hoses are not blocked, yet it still won't spray. I use to hear a noise, like a small motor, when it worked before so could this be the problem as I don't hear any noise now when I try to spray the windscreen?

Please help I need to fix this and can't afford to take to an electrician or mechanic. Thanks.

The motor to the pump that sprays the water is bad. You will either need to buy a new one and have someone help you install it or have the garage install it for you. This is common and the pumps do go bad from time to time.

Step 1
It could be your windshield washer pump may need to be changed.

Step 2
Put the key in the ignition lower your windows so you can hear.

Step 3
If when you turn on the windshield washer and only the wipers come on it needs to be changed.

Step 4
To get to the pump remove the right headlight find your pump first it may be in a different spot.

Step 5
Remove the connector to the pump.

Step 6
Connect your test light to your terminal to check for power.

Step 7
Get a piece of wire connect to your test light put it in your tester.

Step 8
Connect your test light to your battery make sure you have good ground.

Step 9
Turn on your key,turn on your wiper switch and the light should come on.

Step 10
You should see a light on your terminal.

Step 11
Test the positive side of the connector.

Step 12
Go to this link it tells you how too change the pump. https://www.you  ch?v=0SdUhyQF4tY

It is not a simple job to replace your windshield washer pump so be sure to check everything before deciding this has to be done.

• Have you checked the fuse? Sometimes this will blow and can be replaced but sometimes it is a bad pump that causes the fuse to blow.
  • I would suggest you take your vehicle to one of the auto supply stores - AutoZone, Advance, O'Reilly - and ask someone for assistance in finding the problem.
  • Ad

• Very often they will have someone go to your vehicle and try to help you analyze the problem.
  • The dealership price to repair/replace this pump will run $90 - $150 (most likely) and a regular mechanic may charge close to that amount.
  • The cost of the pump or repair kit will probably be under $25.00 but, as mentioned earlier, it is not just a simple job.

If you decide to try this repair yourself, you should print out any instructions so they will be right in front of you during this procedure.
Have a tray available to keep any little screws or parts together as they can get lost real easy.
Assemble all your tools before you start.
Ask for help before starting and purchase any parts necessary before you begin.

Here is a good site that might be of help.

https://www.fam  repair/view-all/

Thank you everyone for your help, I have ordered a new washer pump and when it arrives will get my son to install it for me.

I greatly appreciate all of your assistance.